Qualifications for the Retirement Programme
Anyone forty-five years and older can qualify for the program. A person who qualifies can also include his or her dependents in the program. Dependents include spouses and children under the age of eighteen. However, it can include a person up to the age of twenty-three if enrolled in a university.
[pdf issuu_pdf_id=”111011203254-da0b0cc777a843d38cddddd34f6e5b40″ layout=”1″ width=”640″ height=”480″ bgcolor=”FFFFFF” allow_full_screen_=”1″ autoflip=”1″ flip_timelaps=”6000″ ]
If you would like to save a copy of this document, right click the DOWNLOAD link and press “Save Target As” or “Save Link As”.
INCOME FROM PENSION OR OTHER SOURCE
- Qualified Retired PersonsTo be designated a Qualified Retired Person under the program, applicants must receive a monthly income of not less than US $2,000 through a pension or annuity that has been generated outside of Belize.
- When a company grants a pension, that company has to prove that it has been in operation for at least 20 years by submitting proof of registration.
- The company that grants the pension shall certify that the pension of no less than US $2,000.00 per month will be forwarded to a reputable financial institution within Belize. This letter must be signed by the manager, president, or by a legal representative of the company.
- Certification by a Certified Public Accountant independent of the company:
- Stating the date the company was established
- Verifying the authenticity of the above mentioned letter
- Certifying that the obligation signed in favor of the beneficiary is not less than US $2000.00 per month.
- The applicant must present two (2) bank references from the company that is sending the pension.
- The company granting the pension must present a document outlining its pension scheme.Requirement ii, iii, iv could be omitted where the company sending the pension is considered to be a Fortune Five Hundred Company.
- Background CheckAll applications are subject to a background check to be carried out by the Ministry of National Security.